Welcome to Albion!
Mysterious Charm is a series about the magical community of the British Isles in the 1920s, living in a world changed by the Great War and its aftermath. Each book explores a different part of the world, in the company of a different couple, but the series is linked through connections to one Lord Geoffrey Carillon.
- Rufus and Ferry in Outcrossing deal with the challenges of smugglers and entirely inadequate magical educations.
- Lord Carillon and Lizzie investigate a dangerous magical drink together in Goblin Fruit.
- Ibis and Pross stumble into a much larger problem when they begin to research a lost Magician’s Hoard.
- Wards of the Roses finds a young Guardswoman, Kate, assisting Giles, a mathematician blinded in the Great War, while they explore the mystery of a manor house that reappeared after several hundred years.
- Laura was hoping for a pleasant weekend visiting Galen’s family during In The Cards. The unexpected murder exposes deep chasms in the family.
- Benton, valet to Lord Geoffrey Carillon, takes his duties most seriously. Even when they lead to him conspiring with Cassie, his lordship’s preferrered dressmaker, in On The Bias
- When Vivian goes to investigation mysterious events at a family home turned boarding house in Oxfordshire in Seven Sisters, Cadmus must confront his past history and current assumptions if they are to save the house.
In my books you will find complex characters, many of whom have come through a difficult time ((emotionally, physically, or both) but who are now in a place to look around and engage with the world in a new way.
I adore writing about a world where enchanted drinks can sap your magic, legendary beings can appear out of nowhere, magical beasts can cross your path – and much much more! Readers have described my books as charming, and my worldbuilding as enchanting.
Keep an eye on my blog posts to learn more about what I’m working on right now, and for tidbits about the research behind my books.
Enjoy magic, mystery, and romance
If you’re interested in my books, I encourage you to sign up for my newsletter for all the latest news and some subscriber-only treats like short stories and cut scenes.
You’re welcome to get in touch through the contact form if you have any questions. I answer every email! My books are available on a wide range of platforms – if I don’t have your favourite, drop me a note and I’ll see what I can do.